Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The long weekend!

We were party animals this weekend! :) We had a barbecue at the parents on Friday and played volleyball all day! PS I am old my knees were killing me but my team did take home the championship! I get a little to into the game...as a former Carlson I am sure you are all aware of the fact that losing IS A BIG DEAL! We don't like to lose at all! Even if it is Monopoly! :) Spence has had to go to volleyball training camps to avoid marital contention after Carlson tournaments! :) HA! HA! But seriously folks... I have worked with him and lets just say hes not the last one picked anymore! :) Then Saturday I had the laundry from heck to accomplish and came pretty dang close! I was able to find a sub for church and we headed to Island Park! We are the "pretty boys" in my family! What can I say I don't like bugs and I like to be clean! Don't hate people! :) This was me and Spencer's first camping trip together in approximately 3.8 years of marriage!! My aunt kept saying so this isn't too bad is it Jess? We really like you guys to come! Whatev I will see if I can pencil them in! :) We floated the river Monday which Gracie LOVED! I was covered in 80 degree weather with pants and a hoodie...I don't like mosquito bites! We then decided to go to West Yellowstone for some shoppin...not my style! My sister and my mom kept pickin out the uggliest granola girl hiking sandals ever! :) But they are good for floatin the river in! It was so fun to just get away! PS for all of you that are so concerned about my house.....my carpet is being layed as we speak!

13 comments:

K Lind said...

Sounds like fun! I love floating the river!

A said...

I know what you mean about the parents during pictures. When my kids' pics are being taken, I feel myself sweating profusely. Anyway, yay for carpet! We are flying back to UT this Sunday and then headed to Poky on Friday. Don't worry, already called dibs on staying at the Sudweeks casa and my mom won't be quite as greedy as the Frasures.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like lots of fun! I love the fourth because you get to hang with the family!

the longmores said...

Jess,
You guys have seriously been partying it up!! It sounds like it was fun. I feel like we need to go camping because I know Gracie loves the dirt especially when she is wearing her new Nikes!! Talk to you later.

stephani said...

youre so crazy. i have no idea how to work this blog thing..and holy cow Gracie gets bigger every time I see her!

Blake and Lara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Blake and Lara said...

By the way,what is your blog address so I can add you to my friends too?

Christy said...

Hey! It's good to hear from you! We are doing good, the wards been great. How are you guys doing? Cute blog! My family is the same way when we play games, we are very competitive...so what happened to your carpet?

Kevin and Letitia Lewis said...

You are a loser because we soaked you guys with a broken or.

3 little haglers said...

Hey you! I'm glad I found your blog...it's so fun to see you and your little family. I hope everything is well! Are you still on Mckinley in those town house or did you guys already move??? hope to hear from ya!

the longmores said...

I am pumped about the 30 hours! This is going to give us more time for our get fit plan! Have fun in
SLC.

Shayne and Amber Hoskins said...

Jess~
This is Liz (Murphy) (I'm using my sisters blog momentarily until I get my own). I was excited to see the picture of how big your little one has gotten-but wanted to see more pictures! I saw your mom awhile back-when I do she always updates me on how your doing. I was glad to hear that your house is slowly getting put back together-I totally understand-we've been in boxes it seems like since we've been married we've moved so much-but eventually it all ends!! Good luck to ya! I'll let you know when I get my own blog!
Liz

3 little haglers said...

ok, I have to ask, who did that adorable picture of Gracie and the ballet shoes? I want to do that with Saige, it's so beautiful! (it helps that Gracie's gorgeous!)