Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Gracie's 5th Birthday Party






Last year for Gracie's birthday I was going to go all out! But I was not feeling up to par being pregnant and everything so I vowed that her 5th birthday would be AWESOME! :) So I made 40 cupcakes, practiced a Ferris wheel cake(for the circus theme), called my cousin Tyson for a magic show, rented bounce houses, and got her gifts! She talked about for weeks! Is it my circus party yet? Then I prepared everything the night before, I am a super perfectionist and didn't want to stress out the whole day. At 2:00 a.m. I heard crying, so I ran to her room and she was throwing up! Not just then but on the hour after! She cried, "mom call my friends and tell them to cancel the party, I don't feel very good." That settled it I knew this was not a 24 hour quick flu so I gave as many cupcakes away as possible and was forced to eat the rest! :) We rescheduled and this was the best party ever! She ran all night long and so did her cousins! Such a blast! Will I do this every year...no way! But every few will definitely be worth the money! We love Gracie so much! She has got and endless amount of energy and such a spunky personality which is a curse sometimes! I love watching her run around and play hence the bounce house and slide! She had the best day ever!

5 comments:

Kara D. said...

That looks like a blast! I bet she will always remember that party. I loved your Ferris Wheel cake!

A said...

So sad we couldn't come!! And how sad is it that you had to cancel the first one and eat all those cupcakes!!

And yes I do watch colorsplash for inspiration :) and yes my kids do dress up for Thanksgiving (it was actually for preschool :) and yes my tree is elevated on a rubbermaid so that it can look down on everyone elses- and because it fits more presents that way :)

Haha It actually looks pretty cheesy without it!

the longmores said...

That cake is so cute! You did a great job. Wish we could have been there.

HewwiyBelle said...

seriously looks like FUN -cute family Jessica!

Morgan said...

seriously, time to update. =)
check in once in a while...my 4th kid is coming soon! you dont wanna miss it!